Tree StudiosChicago, Illinois
TGRWA provided services for the restoration of this landmark Chicago building. The original two story building was built in 1894 with (2) three story annexes built in 1912. The structure of the buildings consisted of masonry bearing walls, cast iron columns and steel beams with wood floor joists and flooring. The foundations were constructed of stone. Restoration included partial removal of basement level bearing walls, lowering of the basement floor level, new interior stairways, a new elevator, new roof top mechanical units and increased floor capacity in local areas.
- Involvement: Structural Engineer of Record
- Client: Friedman Properties
- Owner: Friedman Properties
- Date of Completion: 2004